Thursday 23 April 2020

Positional Language

This week is the Queens birthday so we used our Queen toy. I placed the Queen in different places to helped my daughter use the correct positional language to explain where the Queen was. When she got it wrong I modelled the correct language back to her and asked her to repeat it back to me.

First I placed the Queen in places and modelled the language then I asked her to place the Queen On, under, next to, behind, in front or under things. Then I placed the Queen and asked her to explain to me where she was. Sometimes we found two ways to describe where the Queen was.

Here is what we did


The Queen is behind the pot.


The Queen is on the log.


The Queen is in front of the pot.


The Queen is in the pot and next to the sunflower plant.




Where is the Queen?


The Queen is under the bucket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment